Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cascade Lakes Brewing Company - Cyclops IPA

One Eye for the Beer Guy
Drinking lots of beer on this Fathers Day Sunday. Why, not, right? Right? 

Next on the roster for review is Cascade Lakes Brewing Company's Cyclops IPA. I've have this beer several times in the past and I have no idea why I haven't reviewed it before. Weird. I'm usually all up on top of that stuff.

The beer poured from bomber into my pint glass a slightly hazy, orange, copper color. The white head rose up to a full finger thick and dissipated at a moderate rate. A full, thin cap of lacing was left behind.

Aroma was citrus hops, primarily orange and tangerine. Floral and tropical fruit smell in the background. A very Northwest style IPA aroma to this one.

Taste followed the nose. Loads of citrus and a nice spicy bite. Not too bitter and not too sweet. There's an alcohol sting without being too harsh or astringent. I'm not sure what variety of hops are in this brew, but I'm guessing there's a good amount of Cascade and Centennial in the mix. That's what I grow in my garden and use in my homebrew every year.

Medium mouthfeel with some nice carbonation. The hops flavors really come back in the aftertaste.

This is a straight up quintessential NW IPA. Good stuff and I'm giving it a solid 3 crushed cans out of 4 rating AND a Droolie. Merry the Wonder Beagle was drooling up a storm for this beer.




No comments:

Post a Comment